Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Best Things You Can Do

I am looking at a blank computer screen no knowing where to start.......
A few things hit me the other day and I will share them. I was thinking about the year (2006) and then I got to thinking about my age. I will not express exact numbers here, but I will just say DAMN!! Where has time gone??? I remember my parents taking me to Disney for the first time, my second grade classmates, breaking my arm, cutting grass for extra money, playing soccer in Jr. high, my high school graduation, being a freshman in college, being a college graduate, my son being born, getting married, getting a divorce, the death of a child, having a successful career, loosing a good friend, loosing about everything else............ and rebuilding.

I had mixed feelings typing all of that. In my travels, I have realized that:

The best thing to give your enemy is forgiveness
The best thing to give an opponent is tolerance
The best thing to give a friend is your heart
The best thing to give a child is a good example
The best thing to give a father is deference
The best thing to give your mother is conduct that will make her proud of you

The best thing to give yourself is respect

No comments: