Sunday, January 13, 2008

OK… I know I’m too old for this but....

They say that when you have a problem or issue the hardest part is admitting it. I am admitting my issue right now.

I have a mad crush on Kimberly Locke. (deep breath) There, I put it out there….

Don’t get me wrong I have a list of women that I have been crushing on since I was a teenager:
Vanity, Lisa Bonet, Janet Jackson, MC Lyte, Toni Braxton, Halle Berry, Salma Hayek, Gabrielle Union, Kerry Washington, Mya, Raven-Symone, Aisha Tyler, Lisa Raye, Lauren London… The list could go on, but I will stop there, and please know that these names are in no particular order.

I also have a list that trumps the above list. I call it my “Baby Momma” list. These are the women that are above all others…. ( in my eyes of course)

Gabrielle Union almost cracked the list but until now there has only been 2 women who are honored enough to make my baby momma list. Those 2 women are NIA LONG (Boyz N The Hood, Are We There Yet, Best Man) and SANAA LATHAN (Love and Basketball, Nip/Tuck, Alien vs. Predator).



I said until now because I have always liked Kimberly Locke since her run on American Idol a few years back. Since then she has had been on Celebrity Fit Club, Landed a few endorsement/spokesperson gigs, released a few albums and for whatever reason has become sort of a icon in the gay community.
Her albums haven’t garnered the same level of excitement as Clay Aken, Ruben or Fantasia but they did actually win American Idol. There also was this girl named Jennifer Hudson who didn’t win the show.

Anyway, I can’t really explain why I am crushing on her enough to create and additional spot on my baby momma list, but Kimberly it’s all yours..


No comments: