Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Step Your Game Up


Since Obama will be sworn in next month..... This blog is an open letter to my African American brothers. Let's step our game up. Now our game came have many meanings but right now I am going to talk about our clothing game. Now I have never been a white tee kinda guy, but I love to kick my jeans and Tim's (unlaced)... If you can't follow....... Tim's = Timberland boots

I want every Black male to go purchase a suit.... Now when I say suit, I am not talking about a purple, red or burnt orange suit with matching gators. Gators = Gator skinned dress shoes

I mean a black, navy, or grey suit. Some of us have no concept of what a business suit is, because we are so busy in the street putting in work. Once again I challenge you to go get a suit. Since today's economy is in such a mess the best deals I have seen have been at Burlington Coat Factory and K&G menswear.

I will admit I have slipped in my suit game, because I stopped having to wear one on a daily basis, and I also gained a few lbs. I went through my Tommy Hilfiger phase where that's all I wore. I loved the cut of his suits, and shirts. His ties were also very much on point. I also had a Perry Ellis phase and a few more designers.

When Obama was on the election trail his suit of choice was a Hart Schaffner and Marx. Excellent suits, and I would have bought one, but honestly I couldn't afford one. I'm not saying go get a Hart Schaffner and Marx, but go get a suit and represent.

No comments: