Sunday, May 10, 2009

Grilled Chicken and Oprah


Originally Posted on 5/8/09

We are in a recession..... So how did the powers that be not know that the cult following of Queen Oprah plus free chicken wouldn't create the perfect storm? I can't fault KFC, because it's marketing at it's best... A new product with a Oprah tie-in? That equals MONEY!


I was going to talk about the whole print out a coupon and get a free 2-piece meal thing, but there were so many problems that I won't go there... But I will talk about the grilled chicken.

The name of the restaurant says it all… Kentucky FRIED Chicken. KGC just doesn’t do it for me… I’m all for healthy eating… I mean if you want to break it down: a extra crispy breast has two-and-a-half times the calories of one that’s grilled, with nearly eight times the total fat. So grilled is a good thing….. But sometimes you have to admit that the original recipe “be” calling your name…. Like the crack was calling Pookie in New Jack City

Some of you aren’t even down with the Colonel… You may like Popeye’s.. and that dirty rice… or Mary Ann’s….. or Beach Road Chicken. I gotta give KFC credit for trying something new with their menu, but honestly if it’s not fried……. No one can touch a Publix rotisserie…..

not even Oprah

No comments: