Tuesday, March 14, 2006

RELATIONSHIPS

Back on the grind… Ok .. I apologize for not having a entry for yesterday, but it was a hard weekend.. I needed a day to rest.
I did learn a few things this weekend that I would like to share. I am trying to not keep going back to my last relationship but at this point is it kinda hard. I’m sure that as more and more time passes it will get better. I don’t want to make it seem like I am not over things because I am, but there are a few life lessons that I picked up trying to pick myself up and move on.
These are things that people should already know, but in today’s society and going thru the daily hustle and bustle of life we all get a bit caught up.

Relationships take work… Nothing is easy and if you are not ready to put that work into one don’t get into one.
Until you and your girl/guy go thru a conflict… you won’t see their true colors.
RESPECT each other..
Communicate
If you truly love that person…... Don’t give up on them.
You can hurt another person with words just as much as you can with your hands.

And this does not just apply to romantic relationships, but also siblings, friends, life partners, whatever.
Today people are so quick to “write” friends off because of something they did that YOU didn’t like. Did you express your concern(s) with that friend? Did you communicate that you were/are upset and tell why? Come on life it way to short to hold on to stuff like that.
My last girlfriend was there WITH me, but she wasn’t there FOR me, and there is a huge difference. Ok I will step down from my soapbox.. My intention was to talk about my weekend, but I kinda went in a different direction..

To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing….

Snack on that……

No comments: